Sunday, June 10, 2012

Mama Guilt

Yep.  I have it in spades.

I'm looking at the clock, and instead of "oh my sweet baby will be back soon" all I can think is "aw crap".

The simple fact is that she hasn't spent enough time with her dad, and, after his move and her fifth birthday, that's going to start to happen more because she will finally have a room that's hers at his house...and the law in the great state of Alabama says I have to.

Now, on the one hand...this is FABULOUS.  See aw crap above.  I need nap time on days when the dog has me up all night because she's puking her guts out every hour and a half.

On the other hand...this is NOT good.  She will have major transition issues...and on top of a new school, that's going to make my life hell.  I know this.  I know this surely as I know that my name is Diva Maman.

Could I go back to sleep now, and not worry about this?

Spades, I tell you.

Mama Guilt in spads.

3 comments:

  1. You can't take on the future. Live in the now. There's enough guilt in the now.

    ReplyDelete
  2. One breath at a time. Enjoy your nap and get the puppy to the vet.

    ReplyDelete