My friends, we are almost through another school year. I can NOT believe I have lived in the Deep South for 8 years. That's right; almost three times longer than I've lived in any other Southern state. The state to which I swore I would never move.
And here I am. Contract signed for another school year.
The Demie Diva seems to be in a better place. That may be because, for all the poignance of the trip North, she got to see that Diva Grandma is no longer "broken". Grandmas who have knee replacements three weeks prior to the March visit are utterly rejected for all of April by the Demie Diva.
Rejected I tell you.
My girl would have nothing to do with her grandma. Didn't want to speak on the phone. Didn't want to talk on the computer. No way. No how. Not happening.
It was so good to have her not want to leave Minnesota. So good to have her sad that she was leaving Grandma and Grandma couldn't come with us on the airplane.
That was normal.
However, we're flying up on our birthday. (For the uninitiated...the Demie Diva and Diva Maman share a birthday.) We will spend almost TWO full weeks with the Diva Grandparents. It will rock. She will be sad. We will come back to zoo camp.
But I keep coming back to the rejection of the Diva Grandma. This does not augur well for when her dad wants her to be who she isn't. Or when she is faced with an adult for whom she has no respect...oh, wait...we did that this school year. It was hell.
How much of it is one neurologic issue or another, I don't know. How much of it is her cussed little personality...I don't know. What I do know is that if she doesn't start catching flies with honey rather than with vinegar, she's in for hella road.
How do I know?
She's just like her mother.
What The What?
9 years ago

Just like her Mother you say? hahahahahahaha. I wouldn't know anything about that. cough cough cough
ReplyDeleteHush.
Delete