Sunday, August 24, 2014

And two steps...

Despite what the Demie Diva's former neurologist condescendingly told me, she does, quite clearly grow at a steady rate.  This is NOT good on many levels.

First - CHA-CHING.  Sometimes, you just don't get ahead of the girl's growth.  The closet is currently FULL to bursting - because I know that the next nth of growth will take us out of about two-thirds of the clothes she owns.  I have to buy up because...well, 1/2" every couple months...

Second - do you have any idea how difficult it is to be 5'1.5" and parent a 4' seven year old?!  Sheer force of nature my friends, is all that keeps me as the "big" person.

Worst of all.  Epilepsy sucks.

You see, until we get the blood work scheduled to determine her baseline levels of meds, we're still re-acting to her symptomatically.  And, after this weekend, I think we can safely say it's time to up those bad boys.

One of the joys of my life is teaching at a boarding school.  I get to invite students into my home for shared interests - like, oh...Doctor Who.  In the middle of this weekend's episode, the Demie Diva had an absence seizure.  She just was gone.  Once she was back, and I'd: repeated what I'd asked her when she was "gone"; confirmed that as far as she was concerned I'd only asked it once; sent the 7 year old off for jammies, and informed the slightly freaked out teenagers that "this week's episode of epilepsy sucks has been brought to you by the Demie Diva's mom", I exited stage right to get the girl ready for bed.

As I did so, one of my students informed me that I was amazing.  "I've been watching this, taking it in, seeing what you did there...you're my hero."

Oh, sweet teenager....I'm not a hero.  I'm the mom of a hero.

Epilepsy sucks.

No comments:

Post a Comment