Monday, February 6, 2012

I don't want to.

My current favorite declarative sentence.

Usually used in conjunction with going to her dad's house.  Having been married to him, I understand her visceral response to the lack of emotional response to her very needy little self.  Having read all the divorce parenting books I understand that my response is simply "But Daddy loves you and you need to spend time with him".

Having watched her cling to me when I dropped her at his house on Sunday, I had a very hard time with that particular declarative this morning.  Demie Diva was clinging to me.  I was crouched on her level.  the XH was standing three feet away declaring his usual stuff instead of getting down where she could make eye contact with him.  When he dropped her at mine that evening, he said she just had NO energy and didn't really want to do anything.  Flash forward 15 minutes.  We're playing a game, she's in my way in the kitchen, we're thinking about how we're going to see Diva Grandma in a few days...

Needless to say, when she asked who was going to pick her up at school today (Mondays are Daddy days) and I told her, I had a very hard time delivering the party line.  So...we had a conversation about how if she didn't go to Dad's then today wouldn't be over.  If today didn't happen, then we couldn't have Morgan and Mommy days after school till Grandma came.  Sigh.

And I roll with this alone, since the extended Divas live in the state of my birth.

I don't want to.

1 comment: