Wednesday, February 22, 2012

Sanity is NEVER overrated

The Demie Diva and I got kicked out of counseling yesterday - for being functional.  I LOVE this.

I do and I don't.

On the plus side:


  1. I no longer am dropping $135.00 per visit for a wonderful psychologist, whom I adore and is worth EVERY penny, to observe Demie Diva and give me her take. 
  2. I no longer am worried about my parenting skills.  Are they great?  No.  Am I perfect?  No.  Have they been validated as what MY child needs?  Yes.  
  3. Demie Diva is definitely, unequivocally ADHD. 
  4. I'm right, given everything she and I have been through in the last year, to hold her back from Kindergarten.

On the minus side:

  1. Nowhere in this process has the XH been involved.  The WP knows him, she's seen "the brothers", and understands the personality type.
  2. Demie Diva has no real attachment to her father. this is not a surprise, but still breaks my heart.
  3. Telling the other parent that this is the case won't be effective, although the WP is willing to bang her head against that particular hunk of cinderblock if I want her to.

Much of this makes it very clear to me what my next step needs to be.  It's time to move on.  I'm not sure how I'm going to do it, without gainful employment in the Frozen North.  I like living well, and car insurance/tags, etc. up there is day-um expensive.  Demie Diva is covered by the Other Parent's insurance.  

How do I do this, friends?  

2 comments:

  1. You pick up and go and trust that something will happen. Because it will.

    What do your parents think? I'd go with their advice. Because at the end of the day, Mom and Dad still know best. (I say that even at my age...and no, I am not embarrassed to say that.)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That's where I'm leaning.

      Problem is, parents are dealing with some other issues right now, and they have always been so financially conservative that doing it without a job wouldn't even enter the radar...

      Delete