Oh dear...I am sooooo in for it. (shut up...I hear the sniggering down here)
I have my girl back...and she is a smart little cookie. She is also a snarky, funny, practical little girl. I'm so proud of her, and so amazed by the ways in which she's rolled with the crappy hand she was dealt in the last year.
Needless to say, I'm going to have to take some serious poker-face lessons from someone, because she's HILARIOUS.
Yesterday, she and I went down with the crud. Headache for her, head and gut for me. As we're driving to school (hey, I'm out of personal days here...I don't NEED the pay cut) and I'm dealing with sour burps, my child, from the back seat says. "Mom....if you need to throw up, roll down the window."
Okay then. What wise advice. I predict a future of pragmatism for the Demie Diva.
Last night, after the nightly energy burst which invariably presages bedtime, I asked her where her listening ears were.
"What Mom? I can't hear you."
I'm screwed.
Thank God I can again see this child. I've missed her more than I realized.
So far so good on the monotherapy. I've seen what I can't be sure are or aren't some myoclonic jerks - mostly because she's got the growing pain wiggles right now. Kinda hard to tell if it's a jerk when she tells me that her bones hurt. Poor kid. Those were horrible.
Isn't it wonderful? I'm grumbling because my kid with TWO special needs is being a smartypants. Perspective, baby. It's all about perspective.
What The What?
9 years ago

Excuse me, I can't post a comment because I am too busy giggling.....
ReplyDeleteyeah, yeah, yeah. Me too.
DeleteThe shoveling pancakes in at supper the other night resulted in a maternal "This isn't a race".
"Oh yes it is too Mom."
"Really? To Where?"
"The Finish Line."
"Where's The Finish Line?" (I swear, you could hear the caps)
"in my mouth, of course."
Sigh.